Winnipesaukee Environmental & Community Action Network

Financial Resources


  • EPA Clean Water State Revolving Fund: Funds water quality protection projects for wastewater treatment, control of nonpoint sources of pollution, decentralized wastewater treatment, and watershed and estuary management through low-interest loans to a variety of borrowers.

  • U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD): Provides funds to states through community development block grants. The grants fund various projects including the rehabilitation of residential and nonresidential structures, construction of public facilities, and improvement of water and sewer facilities.


  • NHDES Grants Management Section: Offers three financial assistance programs (Clean Water State Revolving Fund, State Aid Grant program, State Aid Grant Plus) to communities for the design and construction of eligible stormwater and wastewater projects.

  • Drinking Water State Revolving Fund: Provides assistance in the form of low-interest loans to public water systems to finance the cost of drinking water infrastructure. Public water systems eligible for this program include all community public water systems and non-transient non-profit public water systems.

  • New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority: Has an emergency repair loan program that can cover septic for borrowers who don’t have the funds to repair or replace. Maximum loan is $15,000 and people can refinance with NHHFA or do a refinance with a FHA repair loan.

Wecanlwwa © 2023